Samuel R. Akman, M.D., F.A.C.O.G., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Akman has been in active medical practice since 1990 and was one of the first gynecological surgeons to perform a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy. Upon graduating from residency he became immediately involved in resident training and teaching more senior surgeons advanced laparoscopic techniques at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. In the past two decades he has given dedicated service to many hospital committees including the Medical Board of GBMC and a 10 year term in hospital Quality Assurance. In addition to an active practice, he is an instructor to the OB/GYN residents of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine focusing on patient centered approaches to treatment.
- College or University – University of Miami
Degree – BS, Biology
- Medical School – University of Maryland at Baltimore
Degree – MD
- Residency – Greater Baltimore Medical Center Towson, Maryland (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Diplomat, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Department of Obstetrics and GynecologyInstructor of Medicine
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- State of Maryland