Gynecology - Testing
Pap testing should be started by age 21, and should be performed yearly or every 2-3 years; at present there is no upper age at which to stop having Pap testing.Even if Pap testing is performed less often than once a year, it is still very important to have a comprehensive yearly GYN examination.
We are pleased to provide the following testing services in our practice:
- Blood drawing during regular hours
- Testing for vaginal or urinary infections
- Ultrasound for OB or GYN evaluations, performed in our Lutherville office
- Colposcopy (evaluations of abnormal Pap testing)
- Bone density testing, performed in our Lutherville office
We recommend yearly mammograms at age 40 or earlier in certain circumstances.
We will assist you in scheduling your mammogram evaluation at the radiology center of your choice and we will review your mammogram report personally.
For other types of radiology examinations (CT or MRI scan and others) we work closely with all major radiology centers in the area and can assist you with scheduling of your appointment.