Thelma S. Asare, M.D., F.A.C.O.G., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Asare is originally from Ghana and emigrated to the U.S. in 1979. She graduated from Mount Holyoke College with a degree in Biological Science. She went on to Yale University for her medical degree and completed her residency training at Johns Hopkins Hospital. She spent 3 years as an instructor at the Medical College of Pennsylvania where she was responsible for supervising and teaching the OB/GYN residents. She returned to Baltimore and private practice in 1996. She enjoys all aspects of OB/GYN but particularly enjoys adolescent medicine and obstetrics. She believes in patient education and aims to make patients' visits comfortable and fun.
- College or University – Mount Holyoke College
Degree – BS, Biological Science
- Medical School – Yale University
Degree – MD
- Residency – Johns Hopkins Hospital
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Diplomat, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Department of Obstetrics and GynecologyInstructor of Medicine
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- State of Maryland